Monday, 27 February 2012


Well another week has begun – a little depressing isn’t it?!

Saturday morning I braved going to Coles, and boy I wish I hadn’t… It was a nightmare! I had to go pick up something, so I thought whilst I was there, I would pick up a few things I needed. So I'm holding my shopping basket, looking at the spices on the shelves. A 9yo old boy rams into me with a shopping trolley, looks at me, but doesn't say a word. The father looks at me, half laughs and says 'he's gotta learn how to drive somehow'!


I wish I had been able to think properly through my initial shock, and told him to not only teach his son some manners, but to get some himself!!

It was pretty hot on Saturday, so I thought what was a good choice for dinner? Naturally, pizza came to mind.

I recalled a recipe I saw for some pizza dough, and I thought how awesome it would be to make my own dough (let alone have it taste good!) so I decided to give it a go. I would be so proud of myself if it turned out well.

And boy was I glad I gave it a go!!

It was soooooooo easy and healthy and versatile. I doubled the recipe, so that L-whack and I could have one pizza each, but it only made enough dough for one decent sized pizza. So next time I shall double the double (hehehe)

Adapted from Shop. Cook. Make.

2/3 cup water
1 1/3 cup wholemeal Flour
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp sea salt
4 tsp parsley
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp castor sugar

In a medium bowl pour the water and sugar. Warm up in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add the yeast, mix well and let it rest for 5 minutes.

Mash the garlic and salt together until it turns into a paste.

To the water/yeast mixture, add the flour, garlic and parsley. Mix well with a spoon. Once a dry dough has formed, continue kneading in your hands for 2 minutes. Put it back in the bowl, cover and let it rise for approx. 2 hours.

Flatten and shape it as round as you can (I just put it straight on the tray and squashed it until it resembled a circle and was flat enough)

Here is the dough once I had mixed it together.

Little d'oh

And here is the dough about 2 hours later.

Risen d'oh

I roasted some pumpkin and potato so when we got back to L-whack I just assembled it all and whacked it in the oven. I used some bottled pasta sauce as the base.

Mr pizza cooking in the oven.

20 minutes in the oven (approx.) and out came a delicious looking, and damn tasty pizza. Toss some fresh rocket on top, and voila!


We only had 2 pieces each, so we were a bit sad!!

You know what else made me sad?

I went to a movie on Sunday (hot date with myself, while L-whack did some work) and thought I would detour to Prahran Market to get some Mister Nice Guy cupcakes – but alas they were not there!! I’m not sure whether I was too late (it was just before 4pm) or whether they hadn’t been there that day (I think I may have seen something about them taking part in the Sustainable Living Festival here in Melbourne).

Oh well, I managed to make it through the rest of the day – as did L-whack. We’ll just have to dream about cupcakes and more pizza….

No comments:

Post a comment