Tuesday 31 July 2012

Deliciousness

On Sunday, L-whack and I decided to hit some markets to find some nice fresh fruit & veg for the week ahead. We failed miserably (I’ll tell that story another day – but it’s near impossible to find quality fresh produce, at a reasonable price!). I’m lucky that I’ve discovered Superfruit in Ivanhoe, but as this isn’t near L-whack’s place, we need somewhere a little more local for him.

But one major positive came out of our market trek. Mister Nice Guy Cupcakes.

***SWOON***

I’m not much of a cake person. Sure, give me a piece and I’ll scoff it down in 2 seconds but I don’t crave it nor do I have it often (unlike chocolate, which is consumed daily). But when Mister Nice Guy is knocking, I go (natural, all natural white pistachio) nuts like a kid in a toy store!

L-whack and I braved the miserable, cold, drizzly weather and headed into Prahran Market, hoping to find some nice leafy greens (kale, anyone?) but instead were bitterly disappointed – until I grabbed L-whack by the arm and dragged him over to MNG.

We settled on buying 4 mini cupcakes to share later in the day.


Clockwise from top left: Key Lime, Beetle Juice, Lickety Split and Rocket Shot


Their other flavours are here.

They were all all kinds of deliciousness, but we couldn’t go past the Rocket Shot as a favourite. Chocolate AND coffee? What’s not to love!!


The girl that served us told us that MNG were going to be opening up a bakery soon (I hope that’s not classified info!!) in addition to their Prahran Market spot. Melbourne vegans rejoice!!

Black lentil dahl, Potato & swiss chard curry with brown rice and brocolli


Above is my dinner from last night. I think my love for Vegie Head is well known in this blog (I’m not a crazy groupie stalker – promise!), but I just can’t stress to you how good, versatile and simple her recipes are! Last week I had Litha over for dinner and made the Swiss chard & potato curry (which she looooooooooved and was about the fifth person to ask for the recipe). On Saturday, I made the Black lentil dahl which is featured in Vegie Head’s e-book and I enjoyed a bit of both after my gym workout last night. Both recipes are seriously delicious, and I can’t recommend them highly enough. As well as her other recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was amazing! Veggie Head and EssMick you are stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks!! Vegie Head is the star, I'm just a tacky flameless candle!!

      Delete