Wednesday 25 January 2012

Biting the bullet


So I’ve survived the leap from normal milk (poor bobby calves) and have run smack bang into soy milk (how do you milk a soy bean – little ants?!!). I wasn’t sure I could do it, but I’ve decided that I will just have to get used to the taste of soy.

I don’t like that it’s quite difficult to find low-fat soy milk in the supermarkets. The average amount of fat per glass of soy milk is something like 7g – and although it’s healthy fat, I would prefer to have a lower fat option. It means I can enjoy chocolate later on in the day :-)

I’m a little dubious about some of the soy milks out there – not all of them are vegan. Some of them have animal derived additives – you have to be careful which soy milk you choose. My local café uses Pure harvest soy milk, which I am still adjusting to…

There’s a great new website – Vegan Products Australia – what is a community website, and lists all the different vegan products available to us. It’s a spin-off of the Facebook group, and has some really great content.

I don’t have much time to post today (damn work load – I actually have stuff to do!), but I’m gathering info for my next nutrition post so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment